Terms & Conditions
Rosslyn Chapel Trust is completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us.
Our Contact details:
Rosslyn Chapel Trust
Tel: +44 (0)131 440 2159
Email: [email protected]
Visiting the Chapel
Tickets for visiting the Chapel should be booked online in advance.
Please bring proof of purchase with you, either by printing out your ticket or showing it on screen.
Tickets are valid for a specified timeslot only and cannot be exchanged for another timeslot.
Please note the timing of your visit. Each visit lasts for an hour and a half and you can arrive at any time within that timeslot. You will not normally be able to start your visit before that time.
Tickets cannot be refunded.
Proof of concession or an annual pass should be presented on arrival at the visitor centre.
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept credit card payment. If you are shopping from North America or anywhere else, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to US Dollars or your own currency.
We accept Visa and Mastercard.
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
We deliver your order right away. We will normally send your order to you in 7 business days . International orders are generally received in under 6 weeks but please allow up to 8 weeks in advance of Christmas.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
20% VAT is added.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Postage costs do NOT include insurance cover. All our products leave our site in perfect condition and we cannot be held responsible for products that are damaged or broken during transit. Should you wish to include postage insurance, please email us at [email protected] or call (44) (0) 131 440 2159 stating your order reference number.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, alternatively, you can call on 0131 440 2159 (International +44 (0)131 440 2159 email [email protected] or write to us at Rosslyn Chapel Trust, Rosslyn Chapel, Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland, UK, EH25 9PU.
Rosslyn Chapel Trust do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
Terms and conditions of sale for evening concerts and events
- Tickets cannot be refunded except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the performance, or for Covid-related reasons. Public concerts and events continue to be affected by COVID-19 and latest government guidance. If you have tickets for a performance that is cancelled or postponed, we will contact you to offer you a refund. We do not offer ticket exchanges from one event to another. We do not accept requests for ticket resales.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been told to self-isolate or tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the Chapel. Email [email protected] as soon as possible but no later than two hours before the start of the event and we will refund your ticket. In such a situation your refund will be processed within seven working days.
- Tickets are sold subject to Rosslyn Chapel Trust’s right to make any alterations to the programme. Partial changes to programme or changes to performers or cast, shall not constitute a substantial alteration and will not lead to tickets being refunded. In the event that an entire programme or performance is substantially altered, see 1.1.
- If the performance or event has to be interrupted or abandoned, tickets will not be refunded if more than half of the performance or event has taken place.
- Rosslyn Chapel Trust reserves the right to refuse admission to the Chapel site. We ask our visitors to treat our staff, visiting performers and other visitors with kindness and respect. Anyone who does not uphold our values may be denied entry, asked to leave, denied future entry to the Chapel site or any other appropriate sanction as decided by Rosslyn Chapel Trust.
- In some circumstances seating may be on an allocated basis. Rosslyn Chapel Trust reserves the right to allocate seating.
- Latecomers may be prevented from entering the Chapel until there is a suitable break or interval in the performance.
- Children aged 17 and under must have their own ticket and must be seated next to an accompanying adult.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment is not permitted during performances.
- Ticket holders acknowledge that Rosslyn Chapel Trust and authorized third parties may record (video and/or audio) throughout the Chapel site including without limitation in connection with the ticketed event. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of and/or in connection with the ticketed event or otherwise at Rosslyn Chapel and in any/all media throughout the world. Ticket holders further agree to being filmed by Rosslyn Chapel Trust, police and/or security staff for health and safety, security and crime prevention purposes.
- Rosslyn Chapel Trust currently offers e-tickets only. All tickets must be purchased through the Rosslyn Chapel website www.rosslynchapel.com. To gain admission to a ticketed event you will need to bring the order number on the confirmation email you receive for your ticket purchase.
- 11 Rosslyn Chapel Trust operates ticket tiers for Full Price and Reduced Price tickets. Reduced Price tickets apply to people who are disabled, aged over 65, unemployed, students, Armed Forces, or children aged 17 and under. Relevant ID or proof should be brought on the day.
Terms and Conditions - Performers
Rosslyn Chapel can be hired as a performance venue, or events may be held in the Chapel in collaboration with Rosslyn Chapel Trust. To enquire about hiring the Chapel as a venue, please contact [email protected] The attached Terms and Conditions document is a sample only; please do not return it as an application form without discussing with us first. The Terms and Conditions are subject to review and revision, and are correct at time of publication.
Concert terms and conditions - revised March 2022 - sample PDF download