Tickets for visiting Rosslyn Chapel
Now open daily
Each day is now split into timeslots, allowing us to manage the flow of visitors and the capacity on site at any time.
Each timeslot lasts for 90 minutes and this time allocation includes:
- use our free map to find the main carvings inside and outside the Chapel
- listen to one of the short information talks which are given at specified times
During your visit, don’t forget to –
- time to look around the outside of the Chapel and take some photos (there is no restriction on exterior photography for personal use)
- explore the visitor centre and find out more about the Chapel’s history
- buy a souvenir or two in our gift shop
- have a drink or snack in our coffee shop, either to sit in or takeaway.
There are 5 timeslots on Monday to Saturday and 3 on Sunday.
We may ask visitors to leave the Chapel at the end of each timeslot to allow for a smooth transition for the next visitors.
You may be asked to wait outside the visitor centre until the start of your timeslot so please come prepared for the weather!
Details of our times are given below.
- Tickets should be booked in advance through this site and confirmation of your booking will be sent to you by email.
- Website bookings are open up to an hour before the timeslot starts.
Please note that your visit does not need to start from the beginning of the timeslot.
So, for example, if you book for the first one, you could arrive at any time from 9 am but your visit would still end at 10.30 am.
Make the most of your visit
Each timeslot includes a short presentation on the history and key features of the Chapel by one of our Guides. You are welcome to sit and listen or keep looking around.
To help all visitors enjoy their experience, we have information boards around the site and provide free leaflets in a variety of languages, with maps showing the main features inside and outside the Chapel.
Monday to Saturday
9.00 am to 10.30 am
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 9.30 am
10.30 am to 12 noon
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 11 am
12.15 pm to 1.45 pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 12.45 pm
2.00 pm to 3.30 pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 2.30 pm
3.30pm to 5pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 4pm
12 noon to 1.30 pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 12.30 pm
1.45 pm to 3.15pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 2.00 pm
3.30 pm to 5pm
There is a short talk from our Guide at around 4.00 pm
- Tickets for visiting the Chapel should be booked online in advance.
- Please bring proof of purchase with you, either by printing out your booking confirmation or showing it on screen.
- Tickets are valid for a specified timeslot only and cannot be exchanged for another timeslot.
- Please note the timing of your visit. Each visit lasts for an hour and a half and you can arrive at any time within that timeslot. You are unlikely to be able to to start your visit before that time and staff may ask you to leave at the end.
- Tickets cannot be refunded.
- Proof of concession or an annual pass should be presented on arrival at the visitor centre
- If you are a Chapel Passholder, please use the ‘Passholder’ option when booking. Please note that membership cards from Historic Scotland, National Trust for Scotland or equivalent organisations do not apply here.