Welcome to learning with Rosslyn Chapel. Use this extraordinary medieval building of ‘curiosity’ and ‘splendour’ as a place of interactive and engaging learning.
What’s on offer for a visit?
- Come and visit us. We can offer everything from a simple self-guided visit and printed quiz to a range of workshops and activities, or you can work with us to build a visit
- Use our handling box to discover and delve into the past
- Book a Craft session which allows the group to explore and understand elements of the Chapel’s past. Try soap carving to replicate some of the carvings or have a go at medieval weaving
- Themed and tailored talks and quizzes
- Rosslyn Chapel Junior Tour Guides. Each year the Primary 7 class from Roslin Primary work with us to create an interactive and exciting tour, led by children, for children. They offer regular tours between October and April. Please see the link below for further details.
- Work experience. Ever wondered what it would be like to work in a busy tourist attraction? What goes on behind the scenes? How is a chapel a business? As part of Midlothian’s work experience programme we are pleased to offer a fully supported and varied experience that covers most areas of the business.
- Children’s University. As a learning destination we have created a range of activities that you can fit into your visit, earning your hours towards graduating.
Each visit varies in length depending on the activities chosen and size of the class. (Maximum group size 50)
How do I book?
To discuss the details, options and to ask any questions for your visit and to make a booking please contact Fiona at [email protected] or 0131 440 2159
How much does a visit cost?
To discuss the price for your group please contact [email protected]
What can we do in school?
We can come and visit you, bring our handling box or an activity to the class, add in a chat and presentation? We can tailor this to your needs.
We have a selection of information, activities and fun activities for you to use in school depending on what topic you are looking at.